Are you looking for the perfect weekend trip or evening outing for you and your significant other in Rochester this year?? Valentine’s Day is on a Sunday this year, giving you more freedom in planning a lovely getaway or romantic dinner. It may also free up some of the more high-end, popular Valentine’s Day venues for the night before or night after.
Popular (and locally owned) restaurants in the Rochester for Valentine’s Day include:
- The Revelry or
- Chocolate and Vines on University Avenue,
- Rooney’s on Henrietta Street,
- Rocco on Monroe Avenue, and
- Tournedo’s Steakhouse on Broadway Street.
If none of their menus or locales seem perfect for your romantic dinner, there are hundreds of other Rochester restaurants waiting to make reservations for you. In addition, there are a number of chain restaurants, including Carrabba’s, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and DelMonico’s Steakhouse.
But what if you’re sick of fancy dinners and expensive champagne?? What are the options for doing something else fun and exciting?
Or “theatre”, if you’re so inclined. Rochester has an incredible theater community, including the renowned Geva Theatre, the MuCCC, Blackfriars, and more small performing groups and venues than you can count!
- Geva is playing the popular Little Shop of Horrors on their mainstage and the lesser-known Katherine’s Colored Lieutenant on Valentine’s Day;
- The MuCCC features three shows for their Laughingstock Comedy Festival, including some sketch, improve, and local comedians.
- Blackfriar’s Theater is presenting a show called “A Vegas Valentine: Love and Romance Rat Pack Style”.
If you’re a music lover, be sure to check out some of these artists who are coming to Rochester around Valentine’s Day:
- Raheem Devaughn (Rochester Auditorium Theater)
- Tank (Rochester Auditorium Theater)
- Preservation Hall Jazz Band (Eastman Theater)
Maybe theater and fancy dinners aren’t your thing. Maybe you don’t want to go see a band. That’s cool. There are a bunch of other events happening in Rochester that will make a memorable evening!
- There is a date night program at the Rochester Arc & Flame. Programs here include welding, smithing, and glass-blowing. For a $150 registration fee, you get a 4-hour class where you can sample appetizers, have some wine, and create a beautiful project with your loved one.
Make sure to check the City Newspaper and other print media for other events listed! There are so many exciting things to do in Rochester for Valentine’s Day, whether you’re looking for a fancy, romantic dinner, weekend getaway, or something entirely different and new!